Saturday, May 8

Underground utilities

Look at that wide stripe!  Through our upstairs office window we can easily see the strip protecting newly planted grass covering the path dug for underground utilities.  It is amazing to live in the country and have no overhead wires around the house.  The power, phone and DSL should never be lost!  Occasionally we still need to "reboot" DirecTV, but it is wonderful having so many channels on this hill overlooking the flood plain in the far distance.  Never a worry about flooding either.  Can it get any better?  Why would we want to move to Florida and its hurricanes and tornados and 4pm daily thunderstorms.  Only one answer...family, family we love and want to be near to.  We will miss the security of our underground wiring and Dr. Joe and Jean.   Thanks to Dr. Joe next door for arranging for the underground service.  Nifty!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what a beautiful blog! I'm so happy I found it,what nice pictures, so atmospheric. how incredibly beautiful you live!

Unknown said...

sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, I'm a blogger from the north of Germany. I got in touch with your blog by mo's way sunrise.